A perfectly melted garlic-butter brie is my most favourite appetizer of all time. And okay, I have to be honest, it may have been a main dish once or twice 😉
I’ve never met a group of people who weren’t impressed with this simply delicious appetizer. It smells fantastic and spreads like a dream over a fresh baguette. Even cold, the cheese retains the garlicky flavour.
You’ll want to make this within 15mins of your guests arriving, which is the perfect about of time for the cheese to solidify just a tad but still remain warm and gooey.
This recipe tastes just as amazing whether you use Brie or Camembert, the choice is yours!
Melted Garlic-Butter Brie Recipe
Melted Garlic-Butter Brie
- 1 Wheel Brie or Camembert Any size, depending on how many guests you have. A small wheel is a good size for 4-6 people while a large wheel can serve up to 12.
- 2-3 Gloves Garlic, sliced Try to make the slices as thin as possible, which you could then leave on the cheese as an edible garnish. If you use thicker slices, you may want to remove the garlic before serving. DO NOT used minced garlic as it will burn.
- 3 Tbsp Butter Salted or Unsalted, as preferred
- Place a non-stick fry pan over medium heat.
- Melt butter.
- Immediately add garlic and cheese wheel. You do not want to brown the garlic in advance or it will burn before the cheese is melted.
- Gently fry the cheese wheel until you can feel a slight give when you press on the top. Be careful not to burn the underside. Lower heat if necessarily.
- Using a flat spatula, carefully flip over cheese wheel and continue to fry. When the cheese is fully melted inside, you'll notice the wheel beginning to puff up.
- Carefully remove the cheese from the pan and place on a plate that is bigger than the wheel. The melted cheese is going to ooze out! Do not pour the remaining butter on top but you could add the fried garlic as a garnish.
- Allow to cool about 5-10 minutes. Cut through and enjoy! This is best served with a freshly sliced baguette but most types of crackers or toasts work well too.
Do you love appetizers as much as I do? Then you have to also try these amazing Pepper Parmesan Fries, which are a real crowd pleaser!
Well, I’m off to make myself a melted brie wheel 😂 If you’re a cheese-lover like me, it would be great to hear how you liked this recipe! Please leave me a comment below.