Stuffed peppers are my most favourite veggie dish. It’s a great way to get something nutritious into the kids and they’re also just so darned pretty! Plus, they taste even better the next day and make a great take-to-work meal. This recipe was taught to me by my mom, which makes it extra special to me.
I like to make this recipe in the oven, just like momma did, but it can easily be adapted to an Air Fryer as well!
Zucchini Stuffed Peppers
1 large zucchini, grated
3 large peppers, yellow, red or orange
1 cup plain bread crumbs
1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
1/3 cup vegetable oil
2 tbsp minced parsley
1 tbsp minced garlic
1 tsp salt
1 tsp pepper
1/2 cup water
Extra breadcrumbs and parmesan cheese for sprinkling
- Preheat oven to 350°F and spray a 9×12 glass pan with cooking spray.
**See Air Fryer note below**
- Carefully cut off the pepper stems, leaving a hole in the top of the pepper.
- Wash and cut peppers in half, discarding seeds.
- Line peppers in pan, inside facing up. You’ll notice that by cutting out the stem and leaving a hole, you’ve created a “bowl” shape that will hold the stuffing really well.
- In a large bowl, mix together zucchini, breadcrumbs, parmesan cheese, oil, parsley, garlic, salt and pepper.
- Mix well until all ingredients are combined.
- Fill each pepper with equal parts zucchini mixture. Pile it in but do not overpack.
- Sprinkle extra breadcrumbs and parmesan cheese on top. Dash paprika for colour.
- Add about 1/2 inch of water to the bottom of the dish.
- Place in oven uncovered and bake for 45mins to 1hr or until the pepper is soft to the touch and top is browned. If the top is browning too quickly, place a leaf of tin foil overtop.
**If you’d like to make this in an Air Fryer, place stuffed peppers into a pre-heated 380°F Air Fryer in a single layer (you may need to do this in batches). Set for 20 mins.
I hope you found a new family-favourite.