Have you heard of Corn Ribs?!? I absolutely love fresh, summer corn but my family was getting bored with the traditional boiled-then-buttered option and as much as I love Elote, its not health concious. Looks like they’re not alone in their preferences because this new method of making corn on the cob has been “popping” all over social media.
For this recipe, I focused on making it using an Air Fryer in order to avoid the hot stovetop and oven. I find it to be a neater and healthier option. Plus, it takes advantage of the speed you can cook in an Air Fryer.
I’ll admit I was a little nervous about trying this out because it looked complicated. I’m happy to report that it was anything but and we really enjoyed the flavour and crispiness the corn took on. It’s an unusual way to cook corn, but well worth it for something different your friends and family will rave about!
Let me walk you through some tips and best advice in this creative, fun and yummy recipe.
Air Fryer Corn Ribs
- 4 Ears of Corn
- 2 Tbsps Ground Onion Powder
- 2 Tbsps Ground Garlic Powder
- 1 Tbsp Parsley Flakes
- 1.5 Tsps Paprika, Sweet or Smoky
- 1 Tsp Salt
- 1 Tsp Pepper
- 3 Tbsps Olive or Grape Seed Oil
- Wash and dry corn ears making sure to remove all leaves and stringy bits.
- Wrap each ear individually in wet paper towel and microwave for 5mins. Allow to cool.TIP: This will make it much easier to cut the ears in quarters.
- Stand the ears upright and carefully cut through the top. Then push the knife all the way through until you've cut the ear in half. TIP: I found a non-serrated knife worked best.
- Placing the cut side down, cut the half portion in half again so you have four quarters from each ear. TIP: I used a meat tenderizing mallet to help push the knife through. Give the knife a couple of good whacks and it will glide through easily.
- Mix together all the spices.
- Add oil and stir until well combined.
- Brush the spice & oil mixture over the top and bottom of the corn.
- Use all the mixture you have mixed together. If you find it gets too dry, you can add some more oil, as needed.
- Set corn in a single layer at the bottom of your preheated Air Fryer basket. Run at 400° for 10 mins. Flip and cook for an additional 10 mins. NOTE: It's normal for the corn to curl. This is part of it's charm!
- Plate and serve.
This recipe goes great with any type of barbecued meat but it’s just as good with a fresh green salad or tomato dish. Can’t decide, make it all! Corn Ribs are an unexpected buffet addition and will really impress your friends and family. Added bonus, they’re so much easier to eat!
Summer is my favourite cooking season because of all the fresh fruits and vegetables available. If you’re looking for some additional tasty dishes, check out my Instant Pot Round Up – The Summer Edition post for more easy, delicious meals.