Chicken is my favourite meal because there’s just so darn much you can do with it. I have a ton of go-tos that I’ll share in a Recipe Roundup at some point but this is a new favourite I wanted to tell you about today.
My sister passed along this recipe and I made a few modifications to suit my tastes. The result was super tasty chicken the whole family loved. Paired with some steamed broccoli (okay – cheese sauce may have been involved), it was a hearty meal that had us all rubbing our bellies.
The beauty of this recipe is that you can make as many or as few chicken breasts as you like. I made six because we love leftovers but it could just as easily have been four or eight. The spread goes pretty far so the more you have, the thinner it will be, which is great for people who prefer a lighter coating. I found that with six, I had enough to still get a nice bit of cream topping.
Did I mention how easy it was!?!?
Parmesan Crusted Chicken
6 Boneless, skinless chicken breasts
¼ cup mayonnaise
¼ cup finely grated parmesan cheese
¼ cup Italian breadcrumbs
Dash of cayenne pepper (optional)
- Preheat oven to 450°F and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place chicken breasts on the lined pan leaving a few inches between each piece.
- In a small bowl, mix together the mayonnaise and parmesan cheese.
- Spread the creamy mixture evenly over the chicken breasts.
- Sprinkle the breadcrumbs evenly over the chicken. If you want your chicken to have a bit of a kick, sprinkle them with a dash of cayenne pepper.
- Cook chicken for 25mins, turning the pan around once about mid-way through cooking.
- Voila! All done.