To be honest, I never considered this to be a “recipe”. It’s always been a quick side-dish I make that seems to be a crowed pleaser with both kids and adults. But I’m constantly being asked how I throw this together so I guess it’s time I do that formally 😉
The secret to a really great result is to not over cook your beans. I think that’s the number one mistake people make. Keep them crispy and I guarantee you’ll get a positive reaction, even it you do nothing to them! I only added one ingredient to the beans to liven them up a little bit.
It will literally take you no more than 15 minutes to pull this together. They’re also super-healthy and low-cal. Added bonus, these will last in the fridge for 3-4 days!
Easy-Peasy Green Beans
2 Pounds Green Beans, tips removed
2 Tbsp Light Italian Dressing
- Rinse your beans (I prefer Southern Specialties French Beans but any will do) and add them to pot. Cover with water.
- Bring Green Beans to a boil, reduce heat slightly to a rolling boil, and let cook for 2-3 minutes until bright green but still crispy.
- Remove from heat and immediately remove from boiling water. Rinse with cold water to stop the cooking process.
- Transfer to a large bowl, preferably one with a lid for ease of mixing.
- Add dressing (PC Blue Menu is my favourite), close lid and shake it up!
Note: You can really use any dressing here. I find the Italian adds a nice zing and goes with just about any meal. But Sun-dried Tomato is really nice as well. I’ve also used Green Goddess if you want a more creamy texture.
Let me know in the comments below if your family loves it at much as mine.
One thought on “Easy-Peasy Green Beans”