It’s been awhile since I’ve posted an Instant Pot recipe but this Lemon Chicken was SO good that I immediately had to share!
For the most part, I’ve been repeating a lot of the recipes from the Instant Post Roundups I posted last year. But Lemon chicken is one of my favourite dishes, hands down. I usually make it stovetop/oven but on one particular day last week, I didn’t have much time so I adapted the recipe for my IP.
Holy moly was it ever good!! And FAST, it was really, really FAST! This isn’t the Chinese-takout, candy-coated chicken you’re used to…. This, my friends, is delicious, fresh and healthy.
But there are a few secret ingredients to this dish that you cannot forgo. Freshly squeezed lemon juice and La Grille Spicy Pepper Medley. I can’t guarantee the quality of this dish if you use anything else.
Lemon Chicken à la Instant Pot
4 raw chicken breasts (4 lbs), cut into three segments each
3 tbsps La Grille Spicy Pepper Medley
3 tbsps Grape Oil (or your favourite light oil)
1 whole lemon, juiced
1/3 cup white wine
1 tbsp corn starch
1/3 cup water
- Line chicken out on a flat surface. Pat dry.
- Generously sprinkle La Grille Spicy Pepper Medley on both sides.
- Turn Instant Pot on to Sauté and add oil to heat.
- Working in batches, add chicken and brown on both sides and place on a plate.
- Add lemon and white wine and stir for 5 mins, deglazing bottom of the pot.
- Return chicken to the Instant Pot. Close lid.
- Set the Instant Pot on High for 12 mins. Allow pressure to release manually for 5mins then release remaining pressure.
- Remove chicken.
- In a small cup, add corn starch and water. Mix well to create a slurry.
- Set Instant Pot to Saute. When the sauce bubbles, add slurry and stir for 3 mins.
- Add chicken back to Instant Pot and cover with sauce.
- Plate and serve with sauce drizzled over top. Garnish with parsley, if desired.
That’s it! I served it with a simple green salad but if you had some rice, it would work really well with the sauce. You can also add any of the Green Vegetable Sides I recently posted.